TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

My lg 60lb7100-ut tv is doing the following: when I turn the…

Customer Question
My lg 60lb7100-ut tv...

My lg 60lb7100-ut tv is doing the following: when I turn the power on, the red power light comes on, the screen flashes on then off. After the screen goes off, the red power light flashes 3 times and goes out. can this be the power board failing and needing replaced?

Technician's Assistant: Are there any HDMI cables or A/V jacks (red, yellow, and white cables) plugged into your 60LB7100?

Nothing is plugged in. All cables disconnected

Technician's Assistant: Was there a power outage recently?

No power surge that I'm aware of

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/26/2018
TV Technician: Steven, Technician replied 3 months ago
Steven, Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** you available to chat?

Thank you I understand your LG TV screen is lighting briefly then going out after power on is that correct?

I prefer to chat rather than call

no problem that is automated from the system just ignore it

are we still connected?

yes did you see prior question about your issue (Thank you I understand your LG TV screen is lighting briefly then going out after power on is that correct?)

correct

Thank you, ***** ***** a typical symptom for this unit when

1 or more back light strips fail within the back light system of the LCD panel, How can I help are you going to attempt to repair this yourself?

I might attempt the repair. I have located the power board and tv board, Not sure where the LCD panel is

Okay its not going to be a power board or main, if your not sure where the LCD panel is I"m thinking this might be a bit over your head but I can get you going in the right direction? you will first have to check voltages on the power supply to confirm back light voltage to backlights do you have a digital meter and are you capable of working with live voltage in excess of 200 volts?

Thank you for your time. I will research some more and learn more about the LCD panel

Okay you can always post back for more information if you wish? Their are several videos on you tube about replacing back lights.

Just so you know, it was the power supply board.

Thanks for the update, this is why I said above you would need to to test voltages to confirm the power supply or panel failure. You didn't answer if you were capable of doing that or not. but im glad it was simple enough for you to fix yourself.