TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I guess I pushed the wrong button The screen now says,"No…

I guess I pushed...

I guess I pushed the wrong button The screen now says,"No Sign

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

I'm sorry, I didn't finish my question.

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

I inherited this TV..no booklet. Probably r years, flat-screen, Vizio, where's the number? I menu comes up and I have just the one problem

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your Vizio? What happened right before this?

I was trying to make the CC work and I pushed something wrong

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

I'm 86 years old so I don't know the names of everything

3/26/2018
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Welcome to JustAnswer, an independent, pay per question support website
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this and I'll do my best to help but need the following info to troubleshoot the problem

- Could you please get me the complete model number written on back cover or side panel of the TV?

- How do you receive channels on this TV? via antenna or a cable box hooked to it and use cable remote to change the channels?

OK

LAUKJAAL3507710
I have a dish
I change channels with my Directv remote.

OK, do you have the remote control that came with the TV?

Nice, it seems TV has gone to the incorrect video input and it needs to set on correct video input source so it can get Directv box video signals

Please find the INPUT button on TV remote or side panel of the TV and push it, select HDMI-1 or HDMI-2 input and reply back with the result

On the Directv remote, input doesn't do anything
With the Vizio remote I had to go to menu to go to input and it didn't give me a picture on either of the choices.

OK, can you check on the back of the TV what input is hooked to Directv box?

It has always been connected in the same way. I just did something wrong with the remote. It says it'[s on channel 3, is that the right one?

Not sure about it and if I could get to know how the Directv box is hooked up to the TV that will be very helpful to figure out the issue

OK...Of the three lines that go to the Directv box.. the yellow end is connected to the AV O.(the O is green) the white end is connected to L O (the O is white) the red end is connected to ***** ( the Rs being red and the O white)

Thank you, ***** ***** Input button on Vizio Remote and select Component Input in the source list

Does the TV show the picture now?

Correction: please select COMP/AV input in source list ( though .. Comp = component)

I pushed something and the picture came on. I had to go to Menu, but what I pushed was not what you said..I just browsed. Thank you, I'm happy for $500. Eve

Excellent, please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page so I can get the credit for my work on the website
Thank you

Shahid
Shahid, Technician