TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

There is no Audio. The picture is perfect. This happened a…

Customer Question
There is no Audio...

There is no Audio. The picture is perfect. This happened a week ago when turning on TV. Shut it off and turned back on and audio came back. Last night and today, no audio. A quick flash message appeared yesterday when there was audio. "New external device is connected. Do you want to enjoy? Yes or No". However that is no time to check yes, the message tunes out very quickly.

Technician's Assistant: Are all the cables at the back of your TV connected tightly to the right sockets?

Yes, nothing has been changed. I checked them all in in order.

Technician's Assistant: What type of input cables are you using: HDMI, RCA (red, yellow, and white cables), S-Video, or something else?

HDMI red yellow and white.

Submitted: 26 days ago.Category: TV
3/26/2018
TV Technician: Anthony_Infotech, Technician replied 26 days ago
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician

Hello
Welcome
I am sorry you are having trouble here,I am presently reviewing your question be with you very soon.

Anthony

Can you please reboot the TV and any satellite or cable box by un-plugging both from wall-power wait 5 mins then re-plug back in again,let me know if there is any change please
Anthony

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
ok
Customer reply replied 26 days ago
Let me see if reboot/unplugging helps before a phone call is needed.

Yes I am not sending the phone call offers the site is you can choose to ignore if you do not want this offer

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
DISH Nerwork starting up...
Customer reply replied 26 days ago
Acquiring signal up to 5 mins

OK let me know

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
Still no audio
Customer reply replied 26 days ago
Believe I will have to take for repair.

You need to let me know now do you have no sound using another input like a dvd player or similar?

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
Has a built in DVD, Acting weird, "No Signal" and ejects DVD
Customer reply replied 26 days ago
Never had this problem before. Is the message that started occurring yesterday "new external device is connected...." have anything to do with this issue?

You see we need to eliminate the cable or satellite box and any hdmi lead you may be using the only way to do that is by getting another input into the set

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
like a VCR?

If there IS soud with another input the TV is ruled out and yes like a VCR will do

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
I was able to select "yes" for new device - wonder if DISH added something new as the menu options are different. Acquiring signal again, 5 mins or so
Customer reply replied 26 days ago
nothings works, DVD or VCR - "no signal" and black screen
Customer reply replied 26 days ago
I cannot spend any more time on this. Thanks for your help.

Then you should just contact your box provider and ask them to swap the box as 90% of issues we get with no sound is the box itself,you have not proved it with the check but its the none cost option if you still have no sound come directly back here thank you

A positive rating at this point is welcome of 5 stars (hopefully) with the rating bar of stars at the top of the page thank you,the site will then release a payment to me thanks again,note question remains open for 30 days
Anthony

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
Another tv works perfect where the LG failed.
TV Technician: Anthony_Infotech, Technician replied 25 days ago

So I am assuming you connected up another TV to the SAME box that feeds the LG and that works OK?

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
You service is misleading and I am disgusted with billing. Do not contact me again.
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician