TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I’m having intermittent problems with my picture. Ghosting,

I’m having intermittent problems...

I’m having intermittent problems with my picture. Ghosting, vertical linesm fading, etc. the connections seem to be tight. Help?

Technician's Assistant: Are there any HDMI cables or A/V jacks (red, yellow, and white cables) plugged into your TV?

Yes. They seem to be tight (I didn’t do the setup myself.)

Technician's Assistant: Was there a power outage recently?

No. I also tried unplugging the tv and plugging it back in.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

I think that’s it. Now the picture came back on clearly and faded again.

3/26/2018
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Welcome to JustAnswer, an independent, pay per question support website
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this and I'll do my best to help but need the following info to troubleshoot the problem

- Could you please get me the complete model number written on back cover or side panel of the TV?

- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to the TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?

What do you need?

1- Could you please get me the complete model number written on back cover or side panel of the TV?

2- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to the TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?
Model no. UN32J535D

Thanks, ***** ***** on 2nd info request to troubleshoot the issue

There is a cable box . Idon’t Know of any other inputs.

OK, following troubleshooting step should be tried that might help
- Have you tried to disconnect TV and cable box power cords from the power outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in, let cable box reboot that may take several minutes and check?
If not yet, please try it now and reply back with the result

Okay. I did unplug but didn’t wait 10 min before plugging agai,. I’ll do that and check with you in 10 min.

OK, take your time

I’ll try plugging it back in now.

Sure, I'm standby

Now I can’tfindthe Right connection for the cable box . Which color cord is correct (embarrassed)
I think I have it.
Sorry, it’s back operating but pic is still bad.

There was no need to unplug connection cord between TV and the cable box

All it was requested to disconnect power cords of both things from the power outlet for 10 minutes

Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Electrotech2017
Electrotech2017, Audio and Video Technician
Phone call session started