TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Have a samsung tv which does not turn on. Tried using the…

Have a samsung tv...

Have a samsung tv which does not turn on. Tried using the samsung remote and the Cox remote (which controls the tv and cable box), with no luck. The power light is on. Tried to manipulate the "button" above the power light. Nothing.

Technician's Assistant: Is your Samsung TV connected to a surge protector or power strip?

Sorry, got called away.

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried to power reset your TV (unplugging the power for 1-2 minutes, then plugging it back in)?

Yes, I have done that. In answer to an earlier question, it is plugged into a power strip, but other devices on the same strip have power.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

I think that should cover it.

3/26/2018
Nathan, Installer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review and reply.

Could you tell me the model number from the back of the tv, please?

On the sticky label on the back is Model Code UN39FM5000FXZA.Hope this helps

Could you recheck after the 39, the fm may not be quire right

Nathan, Installer
stevenl1469
Phone call session started