TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

My 55" insignia TV. TV seems to be really dim. Model

My 55" insignia TV...

My 55" insignia TV. TV seems to be really dim.

Technician's Assistant: What Insignia model do you have? How old is it?

Model #NS-55D550NA15 Rev A

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Bought TV over 2 years ago.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your #NS-55D550NA15? What happened right before this?

Yes the same. I can see the menu, but it's very dark.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

Simply turned it on earlier today and it went dark.

3/26/2018
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Welcome to JustAnswer, an independent, pay per question support website
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this and I'll do my best to help

- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to the TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?

Problem occurs in all sources.

OK, following troubleshooting step should be tried that might help
- Have you tried to disconnect TV and cable box power cords from the power outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in, let cable box reboot that may take several minutes and check?
If not yet, please try it now and reply back with the result

Nothing. Still the same

Sorry to hear that, this test has confirmed it is TV internal failure and not any setting issue. It is either the mainboard or backlight LED strips failure inside the screen, sorry for this news

Ok thanks.

Replacement of the mainboard is needed at this point that will either fix the problem or confirm it the screen internal issue (backlight LEDs failure) and it needs to take apart the screen for backlight LED stripes which is quite difficult work, please click the following link to view the mainboard image and part number info if you're looking to attempt to repair the TV yourself

http://www.shopjimmy.com/insignia/ns-50d550na15

If you are not comfortable working on it yourself then you may please use the following link to get a list of TV repair shops in the area which will help to get repair quote...
http://tvrepaircanada.com
I'm sorry there is no easy or quick fix for this problem and it is definitely hardware failure that needs defective board replacement to resolve the issue
I trust my input will help you out to make the decision about this TV repair or invest that money in new replacement TV
If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask. If you're satisfied, please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page so I can get the credit for my work on the website
Thank you

Shahid
Shahid, Technician