TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

It is not my computer it is one of my TV, It is a flat

Customer Question
It is not my...

It is not my computer it is one of my TV

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

It is a Phillips flat screen with HD. I had new service set up 2 weeks ago and it worked then. I just tried it again today and the tv comes on but the xfinity box does not. It is telling me to pair my set up box with wireless gateway. I am compute iliterate.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

Not that I know of,

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: TV
3/26/2018
TV Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 2 months ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Welcome to JustAnswer, an independent, pay per question support website
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this and I'll do my best to help

- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to the TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?

No just this one tv. The other two work. I really need someone to come back here to set me up again.

OK, following troubleshooting step should be tried that might help

- Have you tried to disconnect TV power cord from the power outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in and check?
If not yet, please try it now and reply back with the result

I unpluged and pluged back in and the same message comes up. It wants me to initiate pairing or do manual setup
What is a wireless gateway WPS button

WPS button would be located on the back of your wifi router/ modem

The only othet thing else is the xfinity box which had no light on it. It serms like it is not connected.

ah OK - Have you tried to disconnect Xfinity Box power cord from the power outlet for 5 minutes to reset, replug back in and check?

I plugged it back in and still no light. I also unplugged the tb and plugged it back in. It is trying to connect
Now the tv says the same thing about initiating pairing

Good, give it few minutes to finish the bootup process and reply back with the result

If it pairs i need to press the WPS button and i can't see it.

Mostly the wifi modems have WPS button on the back side where the LAN ports are located

What is a LAN port? I have a reset button at the top and a MoCC blinking light at the bottom

Can you get me the model number off of the wifi modem to find out if it has WPS button?

SN7AL2UK6CCB34001
CM MAC: A89FEC377C36

I'm sorry both numbers are not relevant to a model number

Please click the following links to view WPS button on few sample wifi modem/ router that might help

https://www.linksys.com/us/support-article?articleNum=143300

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Cisco_router_WPS_button.jpg

Do you see a blue button on your wifi modem?

What happens now? I really think i need a person to come and install a new xfinity box. I do not have a blue botton on the. Just a white blinking button that says MoCa

OK, please call the number of your cable company to get a replacement Xfinity box

Also, do you want me to close your pending phone call request now as it won't do anything better and we have tried all user-level fixes in text chat that didn't work?

I cannot stay on with you any longer. I need to talk to someone. I do not know how to look up those links. I do not feel i should be charged for this.

OK, let me opt out to repost this question for other techs to assist you further

Thanks

No do not have anyone call.