TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Can not play video from USB drive. Messages says to check…

Customer Question
Can not play video...

Can not play video from USB drive. Messages says to check connection. I have reformatted and still no joy.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

Sharp large LED HD TV. Don't see any model numbers. 3 yrs old.

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Never tride the Menu directly, but I went to input and selected USB and had the option of selection the type of media. I selected Video and got the message.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your Sharp? What happened right before this?

I load a message loop in this hall mounted TV about once per year. I think that the TV is used every 6 months or so.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

How much will this cost?

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: TV
3/27/2018
TV Technician: Richard, Technician replied 3 months ago
Richard, Technician

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the TV (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then on the actual TV, hold the power button for 60 seconds then release.

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the TV, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please