TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

During a recent rain storm, the black box with two cords got…

Customer Question
During a recent rain...

During a recent rain storm, the black box with two white cords got wet. Now my tv will not come on. What can I do to fix it?

Technician's Assistant: Is your TV connected to a surge protector or power strip?

During a recent rain storm, the black box with the two white cords got wet. Now my tv won't come on. What can i do to fix it?

Technician's Assistant: The TV Technician will be able to walk you through that. Have you tried to power reset your TV (unplugging the power for 1-2 minutes, then plugging it back in)?

Yes. I also got a new power cord. I will try again as there has been more drying time.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

I need to postpone a lengthy adventure in tv repair right now. I will contact you later today.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/26/2018
TV Technician: Dan, Master Tech and Repair Facility Trainer replied 3 months ago
Dan, Master Tech and Repair Facility Trainer

Welcome to the site! I'm Dan. When you return, please post back with the TV model number. You can find this information on its back panel. Also, what black box are you talking about, specifically? Is this inside your home?