TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

My Sony Bravia TV is not performing as it used to. When TV…

My Sony Bravia TV...

My Sony Bravia TV is not performing as it used to. When TV is turned on there is a dark shadow nthat envelops the screen . When tyhe picture comes out portions are still in the dark. After 50r 6 minutes the picture clears up. At times there is a "picture drop" which lasts for a few seconds but this has been happening for some time now longer than the dark screen.

Technician's Assistant: Are there any HDMI cables or A/V jacks (red, yellow, and white cables) plugged into your Bravia?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: Was there a power outage recently?

Not that I know of but I was away from for several weeks.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

The effects I have described occur on regular as well as HD.

3/26/2018
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician

Hello
Welcome
I am sorry you are having trouble here,I am presently reviewing your question be with you very soon.

Anthony

Could you please obtain the model number found on the back of the set please?also how old is the set approx please?

model#KDL40EX400
serial#(###) ###-####
The set is about 12 years old

OK please do this FIRST>>

Can you please reboot the TV and any satellite or cable box by un-plugging both from wall-power wait 5 mins then re-plug back in again,let me know if there is any change please
Anthony

Do not call. My main check is whether this isa TV problem or a provider problem.

Phone call offers are sent by the site not me,please choose to ignore if not wanted,please also read above my reply

I did not get that shadow across the entire screen. THE SHADOW was to the top of the screen and it did not take long to become fully clear.
OK please do this FIRST>> Can you please reboot the TV and any satellite or cable box by un-plugging both from wall-power wait 5 mins then re-plug back in again,let me know if there is any change pleaseAnthony
Bring me up on what's happening now. I told you of the changes I observed

This will be the third time I have asked you to do this>>

Can you please reboot the TV and any satellite or cable box by un-plugging both from wall-power wait 5 mins then re-plug back in again,let me know if there is any change pleaseAnthony

I have told you that the Dark across the scree only takes place at the top of the screen and it takes a coupke of minutes fvor the screen to come clear completely. I sent this response before,

And I am asking you to carry out a procedure of rebooting the TV and the box please?can you please explain to me what you do not understand about this request?

Mister Anthony this process does not seem to be going anywhere. What dont you understand about my response to your request. I unplugged the tv and the box and waited fro 5 minutes then i I replugged the TV and the Box. THE CHANGE I OBSERVED WAS AND IO REPEAT > THE SHADOW ONLY OCCURRED AT TYHE TOP OF THE < NOT ACROSS THE ENTIRE SCREE> IT DID NOT TAKE AS LONG AS BEFORE FOR THE SCREEN TO BECOME CO MPLETELY CLEAR> TRUST THIS NOW UNDERSTANDALE<> NO EXPLANATION OF YOUR REQUEST ISZ NEEDED!!!

Thank You for the comprehensive reply BUT you did not say you done the reboot?you just kept replying back WITHOUT indicating you did anything thanks now I know properly because you said you did the reboot thanks again

OK my last check for you is this do you have another INPUT to try like a DVD player or similar?is it the same using that?

IThe DVD player is not responding to show the film.

OK well let me explain what I believe the issue to be,I believe the issue is either a bad LCD panel (screen) or bad backlights on the set,I am afraid because of the age of the set it will not be an option to repair this economically,let me know what you think on this

I had the thought that there might be a problem of that kind. I had checked with the Provider and their intervention did not help . Thank you for your time and your intervention.
I will take care of this situation now.

Yes sorry for dismal news on this

A positive rating at this point is welcome of 5 stars (hopefully) with the rating bar of stars at the top of the page thank you,the site will then release a payment to me thanks again,note question remains open for 30 days
Anthony

Where do I rate this intervention?

There is a rating bar of stars top of the page I think you need to scroll up

Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician

Thank You so much have a good day

Anthony