TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

My tv is locked and the language is in Chinese so I dont.

Customer Question
Hi, my tv is...

Hi, my tv is locked and the language is in Chinese so I dont

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

Its About 6 years old. It’s a telefunken 42 inch lcd tv

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

The screen has a lock icon when I press any button on the tv. The remote is no longer functional so we have been using the button on the tv to operate it

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

I would just like to unlock it and change the language back to English. If you can help I would be most grateful.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: TV
3/26/2018
TV Technician: Anthony_Infotech, Technician replied 3 months ago
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician

Hello
Welcome
I am sorry you are having trouble here,I am presently reviewing your question be with you very soon.

Anthony

Can you please get me the model number of the set found on the back of the set please?

Sorry I do not have anything in my database I will open the question to others

TV Technician: Harry, Customer Service replied 3 months ago
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply. I've just logged in and saw your question waiting and I'm happy to assist you. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

Hi Harry,If you can solve my problems for me I would be most grateful.

You will need the remote

The remote no longer works and generic remotes don’t work properly with this tv.

Correct -- although that does not change the answer. You will need the remote.

if I should get a remote then what do I do?

When you have the remote, please let me know. The remote will be hard to come across for your location