TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Autoscan is not picking up any channels. States, no

Customer Question
Autoscan is not picking...

Autoscan is not picking up any channels. States, no memorized channels found

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

Samsung smart tv can't find the model number, give me a sec, but I bought the tv last year

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Menu works and smart hub works, but no antenna channels. found model # on box #UN32J5500A

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your Samsung? What happened right before this?

Started last night, husband was playing PS4 right before we lost signal

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

I just bought brand new antenna and plugged it in

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/26/2018
TV Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 4 months ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Welcome to JustAnswer, an independent, pay per question support website
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this and I'll do my best to help

- Was there any thunderstorm or lightning in the area when TV got this problem?

No, we did have cloud cover, but today is clear
I've tried the trouble shooting scenarios, and most of the fix it remedies from the internet. I can watch Netflix but can't get any broadcasting channels. And there is no way to add channels.

OK, following troubleshooting step should be tried that might help

- Have you tried to disconnect TV power cord from the power outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in and check?
If not yet, please try it now and reply back with the result

I have already tried that, it still doesn't work

OK, while in TV mode, please go to Setup option on TV menu, do you see Plug & Play option there?

No, there is no plug & play on the options menu under system setup. But the Samsung tech is here, so I'll have him look at it.

OK, take your time

Samsung tech is trying something now. If I still have problems, I will get back to you. Thank you for your time.

Sounds good, wish you the best~