TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

We have signed up and paid for netflix so we called direct…

Customer Question
Hi....We have signed up...

Hi....We have signed up and paid for netflix so we called direct TV who is our carrier and they said we had to call you all...the TV is model#UN40H5003BF and the type# *****: UN40H5003 and the SIN# ***** ***** this a "Smart" TV or do we need an HDMI cable?

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

The Type# ***** *****

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Yes, the TV menu works

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this?

We just signed up for Netflix on Saturday night

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

No, we just would like to use netflix on our TV....we are not "tech savvy" as you can imagine

Submitted: 26 days ago.Category: TV
3/26/2018
TV Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 26 days ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Welcome to JustAnswer, an independent, pay per question support website
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this and I'll do my best to help

Sorry for delayed reply, please reply back if you still need assistance with this question

Thanks

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
I still need to know how we get Netflix on our Samsung tv....we signed up and paid for it....I gave you the model#and serial# ***** the tv.....it's only a year old and we thought it was a smart ��

Thanks for the info, unfortunately, this model is a regular LCD TV (not a Smart TV) so it doesn't have builtin Netflix app

However, there is an alternate to make this TV a Smart TV

Typing info for you, hold on, please...

There is an external video streaming media player available called Roku, this device has lots of built-in apps including Netflix, connect this device into HDMI input of the TV and Roku also has builtin wifi to connect to the internet, please click the following link to view more info of Roku Express+ device

https://www.roku.com/products/roku-express-plus

I hope this info will help. If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask. If you're satisfied, please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page so I can get the credit for my work on the website
Thank you

Do you need any further assistance with this question?

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
I only agreed to 5$....I did not agree to more money. Please do not charge my account for more than $5....

Please contact customer service at(###) ###-####for any billing issue, I have no control over money matters

Shahid
Shahid
Shahid, Technician