TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Dark area in the middle of the screen. No just the cable…

Customer Question
Dark area in the...

Dark area in the middle of the screen

Technician's Assistant: Are there any HDMI cables or A/V jacks (red, yellow, and white cables) plugged into your TV?

No just the cable connection

Technician's Assistant: Was there a power outage recently?

There was a brief power surge about a week ago but we didn't notice the dark area until yesterday

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

No- that's it- thanks

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: TV
3/26/2018
TV Technician: Richard, Technician replied 1 month ago
Richard, Technician

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Can you tell me the make and model of the TV please?

Thank you

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It's a Visio- not sure about the model

Can you please remove the power to the TV (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then on the actual TV, hold the power button for 60 seconds then release.

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the TV, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Don't understand the issue with the credit card, but I am attempting the fix you sent me. I've had the TV unplugged for 5 minutes- will wait 5 more and then will reconnect.

Thank you

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Unfortunately that didn't fix it- the dark area is still there.

If you switch the TV to a different input source, do you see the dark areas then?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
You mean like comp/ab or hdm1-1? If I switch to one of them it says no signal

yes, any other input source, DVD player ect

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
it is there when I put in a dvd

Thanks

It is the LCD panel that has faulted, this now confirms it

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the TV to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thanks for your help- are you going to charge me for your help?

You have already paid the deposit which was for the service I provided to go through all possible causes and rule them out to confirm the problem.

This is what we did and what you paid for. If we were only paid for fixing an issue, no one would have taken your question due to the possibility of it not being resolvable.

You now have the issue confirmed and know what you need to do and when I receive a positive rating, I get a portion of this, which is my livliehood

If you need anything else, please let me know

Thanks

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Just to confirm- I am only being charged for the $5.00 deposit?

I cannot see anything about costs, it was shown at the start of the question, the question value you set

Richard, Technician