TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

The icons on the display are skewed to the left and the

Customer Question
The icons on the...

The icons on the display are skewed to the left and the aspect ratio on the screen is also not correct. See below:

Technician's Assistant: Are there any HDMI cables or A/V jacks (red, yellow, and white cables) plugged into your TV?

Yes, HDMI cable connects the display to the lap top

Technician's Assistant: Was there a power outage recently?

No, I was attempting to adjust the sharpness of the characters with the keys at the bottom RHS of the display

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

In general, screen resolution is sub-optimal. Also, I have poor vision and would like to see larger characters.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: TV
3/26/2018
TV Technician: Richard, Technician replied 3 months ago
Richard, Technician

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the TV (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then on the actual TV, hold the power button for 60 seconds then release.

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the TV, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please