TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

When trying to manually record i get this Tv guide on screen…

When trying to manually...

When trying to manually record i get this Tv guide on screen time, host time mismatch

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

LG model LG50pc1dra-ua 2007

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

I don't know what you mean by "all source inputs".

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your LG50PC1DRA-UA? What happened right before this?

I use to be able to manually record a show no problems. Now when I try I get this message.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

I'm assuming it is a settings problem and I don't know what "guide to screen time" or "host time" is.

3/26/2018
Richard, Technician

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the TV (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then on the actual TV, hold the power button for 60 seconds then release.

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the TV, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Thank you

I unplugged the power cord. Then held the power button for at least 60 seconds. Then released the button. Waited at least 10 minutes. Plugged the power cord back in. With the remote turned on the TV. Pushed the X studio button. Selected manual record. Set the channel, date, time for about 20 minutes of recording. Selected once. This is the way I had always done it in the past. I got the message "Recording conflict or TV guide on screen time and host time match."

Are you using the TV to record or recording to another unit?

No. I just have used the remote control for manual recording. There is a blue ray DVD that I use for viewing only.

ok, you will need to do a hard disk format, it will remove all content on it but you cannot avoid this.

To do this, go to the menu, choose option then HDD format

Once done, tell me if it then records please

I went to format and selected yes. It said it was. I tried to record and got the same message.

Thanks

It is the internal hard drive that has faulted, this now confirms it

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the TV to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Richard, Technician
Put in a new hard drive (SATA). Same message.
I had tried all the suggestions before except the hard drive. So I was disappointed to not get a solution. I will not use the service again!