TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a 65" LG and I've been told by the local repair guy,

Customer Question
I have a 65"...

I have a 65" LG and I've been told by the local repair guy, the digital board needs to be replaced but he can't get one. How do I get one or where can I take it?

Technician's Assistant: What LG model do you have? How old is it?

LG 55UF6450 Sept 2015

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Maybe its a 55"

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your 55UF6450? What happened right before this?

It happened about a week ago. It was fine, then it displayed a multi-color snow screen. Still has sound but no picture.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

All menus are clear but no picture.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: TV
3/26/2018
TV Technician: Dan, Master Tech and Repair Facility Trainer replied 3 months ago
Dan, Master Tech and Repair Facility Trainer

Welcome to the site! I'm Dan. Are you wanting to replace the board yourself, or purchase one to bring to your local servicer?

I'm guessing the local repair guy could do it. I wouldn't know how to replace it. He told me he couldn't get one. Is that rue?

You can get one and bring it to him, or you can save some money and I can help you replace it yourself. It's not terribly difficult. Just need some hand tools and some patience.

Brand new, the digital board for your TV is expensive... about $300. That's probably unreasonable. I know a really good "repair and return" service where you send your board and they send a working one back. That's about $125. There are also some used boards out there for about the same price. Do you want some links to all of the above prices?

please send the links. Thanks.

Sure, just a minute.

OK, the part number is ***** >>Brand new<< is $290. It's $370 up front, and they refund $80 when you send them your old board. >>Used<< is $120. >>Rebuild service<< is $125.

Let me know if you need anything else. Oh, and please take a second to rate the service I provided (there should be a 5-star scale on your page somewhere). Don't worry, that won't close your question and you can still respond back at any time.

The links you provided work perfectly !
I'll go to the repair place tomorrow and see if he can work with this.Thanks

My pleasure!