TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

The power went down and yhe TV was running. Now when I try…

The power went down...

The power went down and yhe TV was running. Now when I try to turn it on its just clicks and won't turn om

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

Conis CPDP4209 I DON'T know how old it is.

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

No the red button never turns green

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this?

The power was turned off yesterday whilst the tv was running. When the power came on again the tv wouldnt power up

Answered in 1 hour by:
3/26/2018
Dan, Master Tech and Repair Facility Trainer

Welcome to the site! I'm Dan. Disconnect the power cord for 5 minutes, then reconnect it. Does the TV start clicking?

OK, thanks. In that case, it's almost certain that the TV's power supply board has been damaged and will need to be replaced. If you would remove the TV's back panel to expose the circuit boards, and then post a picture of the view, I will mark this board for you so you will know which one to replace.