TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Sony blue-ray is not connectling to my Sony TV. Bdps580 5…

Customer Question
Sony blue-ray is not...

Sony blue-ray is not connectling to my Sony TV

Technician's Assistant: What Sony model do you have? How old is it?

Bdps580 5 years or more

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

No it is plugged into TV HDMI2 and after selecting input I cannot always have DATA DVD come up and when I pushed INPUT button on TV itself 4 times it finally came up but could not read DV

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Video Expert to know before I connect you?

Saying it could not read the file

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: TV
It could read the DVD previously a day ago and I successfully connected to Sony TV by selecting input and correct DVD reader button appeared.
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/26/2018
TV Technician: Harry, Customer Service replied 3 months ago
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply. I've just logged in and saw your question waiting and I'm happy to assist you. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

I have not received an answer to my original question

Yes, you need to keep pressing INPUT on the TV to cycle the inputs then stop when it is on HDMI2

I did that and eventually read DVD. Appeared. I selected it and. Proceeded to play DVD. It registered which chapter I wanted to play which I then selected them said it could not read it
I have already been charged & $24 and have no answer I haven’t done

Does it happen with multiple DVDs?

No I did a different one the other day and it worked

OK then if it only happens with one DVD then it is an issue with that DVD.