TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

My Samsung TV screen all of a sudden became static. We have…

Hi, my Samsung TV...

Hi, my Samsung TV screen all of a sudden became static. We have a surround sound receiver that appears to be working, but no picture. The TV told me to check the cable connection and run Auto program. I checked the HDMI cable it is connected and ran the program, still no picture

Technician's Assistant: Are there any HDMI cables or A/V jacks (red, yellow, and white cables) plugged into your Samsung TV?

No

Technician's Assistant: Was there a power outage recently?

No

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

We were watching the TV and all of a sudden it went to static

3/25/2018
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

Please find the original Samsung remote and let me know once you find it. Also let me know if you can find a button on the remote labeled "Source".

I have the Samsung remote, it has a source button.

Okay, right now- the TV is set to the wrong Input. Chances are since you have a home theater receiver- you generally watch TV on the HDMI source setting. Please use the Source button and select HDMI. Let me know what happens.

I'm not available by phone. The website sends that offer automatically. Another expert may accept it but in the meantime, simply reply back to me on this page and we can continue.

The TV said it is not connected

Okay this means it's lost signal.

Please unplug the Cable/SAT box from power and shut the TV off.

Disconnect and reconnect the HDMI cable between them on both ends- making sure it is secure.

Plug the Cable/SAT box back into AC and once it's rebooted turn the TV on, and use the INPUT button on the original TV remote to select the correct HDMI Input.

Let me know what happens.

Aric, did you get my response

Yes, did you get mine?

Okay this means it's lost signal. Please unplug the Cable/SAT box from power and shut the TV off. Disconnect and reconnect the HDMI cable between them on both ends- making sure it is secure. Plug the Cable/SAT box back into AC and once it's rebooted turn the TV on, and use the INPUT button on the original TV remote to select the correct HDMI Input. Let me know what happens.

Were you able to try those steps? Are you still having the same problem?

I rebooted the cable box, tje pioneer receiver os pn and tbe TV is on, we have sound, no picture.

The issue is the Pioneer receiver. Disconnect the HDMI cable from the Pioneer receiver and plug it right into the cable box. These symptoms are common and the Home theater receiver is typically the root cause.

Aric, Technician
Electrotech2017
Electrotech2017, Audio and Video Technician
Phone call session started