TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

My panasonic tv just turned blank screen no sound the power…

My panasonic tv just...

My panasonic tv just turned blank screen no sound the power light is blinking and im unable to turn on on the set directly i cannot turn it on of off. Is there a reset button on the tv. It's model number tc-p54g25

Technician's Assistant: Is your Panasonic TV connected to a surge protector or power strip?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried to power reset your TV (unplugging the power for 1-2 minutes, then plugging it back in)?

Not yet...will do now

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

Not yet

3/25/2018
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

Please check the pattern of blinking (for example: 7 blinks, pause, 7 blinks, etc.), and let me know what blink pattern yours is doing.

10 blinks pause 10 blinks

Thanks for the reply. There's not a reset button on these sets at all, and a 10 blink code indicates a failure of the Mainboard or the power supply board.

However it's worth it to try a hard reset, as sometimes the processor in the TV can simply have locked up.

The first thing you would try, is disconnect the set from power, then press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote), for 10 seconds and release. Then plug the set back in, and also check that the power cord is connected tight at the TV as well. Press power once, and see if the set powers up normally. Try this procedure up to 2 times, and please let me know what happens.

If the issue goes beyond that - then this does indicate a hardware fault in the set, with the power board or Mainboard that requires repairs. There are no settings/adjustments that will cause the TV to shut itself down. The only other attempt at a quick fix, is to leave the set unplugged for several hours in the hopes that it resets. The average cost for this repair is in the $200-$250 range (depending on which board has failed) and if you'd like you can use the link below to locate a shop in your area:

http://www.tvrepairpros.com

Other than that, I'm sorry for the bad news and wish there were a quick fix.

Let me know if you need more help. Also, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (3-5 stars at the top of the page) and click SUBMIT so that I am credited for working with you today?

Do you need further assistance with this?

Aric, Technician