TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

The remote control works only intermittently. We replaced…

The remote control works...

The remote control works only intermittently. We replaced the remote but still have the same issue leading us to believe the problem rests with the tv itself. The electronic “eye” bottom left of the screen is free and clear of obstruction, and is clean of dust, dirt or grime.

Technician's Assistant: What is the model of your TV?

Where do I find that info?

Technician's Assistant: The TV Technician will be able to walk you through that. What menu options can you access, if any?

Model # E3D470VX. I can access menu manually with controls on the side of the TV

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

No, thanks.

3/25/2018
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

Do the controls on the TV itself work consistently and is the only issue the remote?

Both remotes....old one and the replacement one we bought.

Okay. If the only issue occurs with the remotes then this indicates the TV's IR sensor is faulty/intermittent and needs to be replaced.

This part is available at the link below for $25 if you want to repair this yourself. The rear of the TV needs to be removed and then the part itself is plug and play:

http://www.shopjimmy.com/vizio-3637-0022-0189-ir-sensor.htm

Don’t charge me the $26 if you can,t call.

First- I don't charge anyone anything. Secondly I don't send that phone call offer and have no control over it. I've been typing your answer on this page the whole time. Please STANDBY and I will post the answer to your question.

Thanks.

Alternatively, if this is not something you're comfortable with, then a shop will typically charge between $125-$150 parts and labor for this repair and one can be located using the link below:

http://www.tvrepairpros.com

Other than that, I'm sorry for the bad news and wish there were a quick fix.

Let me know if you need more help. Also, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (3-5 stars at the top of the page) and click SUBMIT so that I am credited for working with you today?

Do you need further assistance with this?

Thanks. What can I do about that phone call request? I suspect I’m going to be charged for this option on your chat that you had no control of.

You can use the site help pages to contact the site regarding anything billing related. I'm a tech who is a user of the site so not involved in billing in any way. regarding the TV question you posted could you please click a 5 star rating at the top of the screen for my efforts?

Aric, Technician
Sam Dennis Bradley
Phone call session started