TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a Sony KDL-52XBR4 Bravia TV and the bottom of the…

I have a Sony...

I have a Sony KDL-52XBR4 Bravia TV and the bottom of the picture is cut off so that I cannot see the score during NCAA basketball games.

Technician's Assistant: How old is your KDL-52XBR4?

Purchased on 03/21/08

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

TV menu works. I am only using one cable input, HDMI1

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your KDL-52XBR4? What happened right before this?

I'm not sure how long. It certainly worked last year. We have had some storm power outages.

3/25/2018
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

First, reboot the Cable/SAT box by disconnecting it from power for 10 seconds and plugging it back in. Upon rebooting, if the screen aspect is still incorrect, then look for the following buttons on the Cable/SAT remote:

Aspect

Zoom

HD Zoom

Ratio

(#) symbol under the 9 key

Find any buttons with those labels and use them to attempt to correct the picture size. If you are unable to find those buttons, or they don't help, then the settings are hidden deeper in the Cable Box and I will need the BRAND and MODEL of the cable box.

Were you able to try those steps and are you still having the same problem?

I am still trying

Okay. Since I have no idea who your cable provider is or what box you're using I can't tell you specifics. If you can't solve the issue using the steps above, reply back with that info.

I think that worked. I’m waiting for commercial to finish.

Okay, standing by.

It worked!!
Thanks

Excellent and you're very welcome! could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (by scrolling all of the way to the top of the page, and clicking 3-5 stars), so that I am credited for working with you today?

Aric, Technician