TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Clicking on and off, lg model 55l v5300, The television just…

Customer Question
Clicking on and off ...

Clicking on and off

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

Lg model 55l v5300

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

The television just comes on and goes off

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your 55L? What happened right before this?

Just started today

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

No trying to see if there's something I can do on my end

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/25/2018
TV Technician: Steven, Technician replied 3 months ago
Steven, Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** you available to chat?

can we continue our chat

Okay, I understand you LG TV is turning on and off, are you hearing a relay clicking when this is happing, what exactly is going on when you press the power button?

I hear a clicking sound
it comes on clicks and goes off

Okay thank you, ***** ***** screen ever light even for just a second?

it does

So when you power it on the screen lights just for a second and then goes out? correct?

it is trying to connect to the source, but clicks off

Okay after the screen goes out can you look at the optical output jack near the HDMI inputs and tell me if you see a red light inside, you may have to push the small door open slightly?

there is a red light. It clicks hums and clicks off

Thank you, ***** ***** a well known issue with these TV's it almost certain when the screen lights for just a second and then goes that 1 or more LED back light strips have failed, these are the LED lights strips located behind the LCD screen assembly that provide the light in order fr the image on the LCD screen to be seen. It is a complex repair that needs to be made as the LCD screen/backlight system has to be completely disassembled. The average cost of these repairs are 250 to 300 dollars. If this is something you are attempting to repair your self I could provide you with part information if you wish.

Are you available to repair it this week?

Just answer is technical support site we do not provide repair services. I could provide you with a link where you can look up the closest LG authorized service center too you. You would have to contact them to see what their availability is?

send me the link please

Okay and thank you for posting on JA. please consider accepting or rating as that is how the techs on this site get credit for their time here, Thank you again and good luck with the TV.

Click Here