TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

My Sony Bravia, about 10 yoa, has its picture going dark…

My Sony Bravia, about...

My Sony Bravia, about 10 yoa, has its picture going dark frequently and sometimes disappearing altogether. We are connected via Dish Satellite service. Any thoughts?

Technician's Assistant: Are there any HDMI cables or A/V jacks (red, yellow, and white cables) plugged into your Bravia?

Yes, for audio.

Technician's Assistant: Was there a power outage recently?

No.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

Can't g

3/25/2018
Mike G.
Mike G., Technician

Hello, I see you were chatting with the site's automated response system. I am Mike, the real life technician assigned to help you. Sorry to hear you are having problems....
Are you available to chat online with me right now?

Sure.

Please try to get the model number off the back of the tv. If not:
-what size is the screen?
-is it LED or LCD or Plasma or?

Seems to be 40", not plasma, I think LCD.

Is the picture dark right now?

Please try this:
-unplug the tv POWER cord from the wall outlet.
-wait 3 full minutes then plug in the tv power cord and try to turn on.

-is the picture still dark?

REPLY back here and tell me what happens.

No, as of now the picture is bright and clear.

Glad I could help.

Is this something that I may need to repeat if the problem recurs?

Yes, but it's very likely this repair will cost more than a new 40" tv, labor is very expensive and parts are hard to find.

Thank you very much.

You're welcome. Reply back for more assistance.

Before you go, please do show your appreciation by submitting a 5 star rating at the top of this page so that I am recognized for helping with your question. If you are having issues with the rating try refreshing the page.

Mike G.
Mike G., Technician