TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

My Panasonic TV model TC-50CX400U picture keeps going off…

My Panasonic TV model...

My Panasonic TV model TC-50CX400U picture keeps going off after a few minutes . I'm thinking its the power supply. What do you think?

Technician's Assistant: What Panasonic model do you have? How old is it?

The set is 3 years old and purchased at Video Only. Model is

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Model is TC-50CX400U Serial MD52B00091

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your Panasonic? What happened right before this?

It happen after I got off comcast and switched to a local internet tv company called Click. I got the basic internet TV package.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

I had the back cover off but did not see any burnt parts on the power supply board. Everything looked ok.

3/25/2018
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician

Hello
Welcome
I am sorry you are having trouble here,I am presently reviewing your question be with you very soon.

Anthony

When set goes off is the power-light blinking red on the front of the set please?

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
No
Customer reply replied 26 days ago
Should I just replace the power supply. Most prices I've seen are less than $100.

So what is the status of thepower-light when the set goes OFF?what color is it?or do you have no power-light at all ?just so you understand the power-light is the heartbeat of the set it indicates how its behaving

Please read above

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
I have no power light and I can usually reset the TV in 5 minutes

So set goes OFF and so does the power-light so you unplug from wallpower replug back in again and set comes back on is that correct?

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
I have not seen any trouble code flashing with the power light.

OK I guess you mean yes

I am assuming you have tried the set in ANOTHER known working power-socket?that is important to do

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
That's correct.

OK as the set is reporting no error codes then you do have a problem with the power-board please try www.shopjimmy.com first (using the partnumber found on the original board) if they do not have it google the part-number for suppliers

A positive rating at this point is welcome of 5 stars hopefully with the rating bar of stars at the top of the page thank you,the site will then release a payment to me thanks again,note question remains open for 30 days
Anthony

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
Thanks for the help I'll let you know how it turns out. Signing Off...

OK I will leave the question open

Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician