TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

My Panasonic TV model TC-50CX400U picture keeps going off…

My Panasonic TV model...

My Panasonic TV model TC-50CX400U picture keeps going off after a few minutes . I'm thinking its the power supply. What do you think?

Technician's Assistant: What Panasonic model do you have? How old is it?

The set is 3 years old and purchased at Video Only. Model is

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Model is TC-50CX400U Serial MD52B00091

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your Panasonic? What happened right before this?

It happen after I got off comcast and switched to a local internet tv company called Click. I got the basic internet TV package.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

I had the back cover off but did not see any burnt parts on the power supply board. Everything looked ok.

3/25/2018
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician

Hello
Welcome
I am sorry you are having trouble here,I am presently reviewing your question be with you very soon.

Anthony

When set goes off is the power-light blinking red on the front of the set please?

No
Should I just replace the power supply. Most prices I've seen are less than $100.

So what is the status of thepower-light when the set goes OFF?what color is it?or do you have no power-light at all ?just so you understand the power-light is the heartbeat of the set it indicates how its behaving

Please read above

I have no power light and I can usually reset the TV in 5 minutes

So set goes OFF and so does the power-light so you unplug from wallpower replug back in again and set comes back on is that correct?

I have not seen any trouble code flashing with the power light.

OK I guess you mean yes

I am assuming you have tried the set in ANOTHER known working power-socket?that is important to do

That's correct.

OK as the set is reporting no error codes then you do have a problem with the power-board please try www.shopjimmy.com first (using the partnumber found on the original board) if they do not have it google the part-number for suppliers

A positive rating at this point is welcome of 5 stars hopefully with the rating bar of stars at the top of the page thank you,the site will then release a payment to me thanks again,note question remains open for 30 days
Anthony

Thanks for the help I'll let you know how it turns out. Signing Off...

OK I will leave the question open

Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician