TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Louie: It is a Samsung Frame TV with One Connect. The TV…

It is a Samsung...

It is a Samsung Frame TV with One Connect

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

The TV menu works. That is no our problem. Within about one minute of turning the TV on ( it does turn on) the screen goes blank; but, we get sound. It is kind of a dark blue color. When it started acting up, the sound would cut out for about 10 seconds and then come back on for about 30 seconds and that pattern would be continued.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

The cord from the One Connect box to the TV is loose on the TV end; but, holding it in tightly does not seem to impact the other problem.

3/25/2018
Nathan, Installer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review and reply.

Can you tell me the model number of the tv?
WHen this happens can you still access the menus or does that not respond either?

My TV model number is ***** When this happens, I can no longer access the menu. There is not response unless I turn the TV off and turn it on again. I get the menu then for about 30 seconds before the screen goes blue again.

If you unplug power to the oneconnect box, does anything change?

it works when we replug it in for again about 30 seconds before the picture is lost. We just got back from a 2 week vacation and it was unplugged for that time. I plugged it in again this morning and it worked for about 1 hour and then reverted to the same problem.

Okay but if you disconnect the box, an leave it disconnected, does the screen stay blue? Or show some type of error message or anything else different?

If I disconnect the box, the TV goes off and the screen is black. I was wondering if when the one connect box gets hot that it does not work properly since when we leave it off long enough for it to cool off and then plug it into the TV again we get picture and sound for a little while.

Everything you've described so far does indicate a fault in the oneconnect,

typically they don't overheat as there isn't much to them to generate heat, but it is possible. Is it in a tight enclosed cabinet/shelf, or sitting on top of an amplifier or other piece of equipment?

If you could move it a bit so it has better airflow, or even point a fan at it for awhile to see if it operates in that situation

It is under the TV on the top of a dresser and not on or under any other box. Everything worked fine for about a month and then it started acting up. Initially we would sound would cot-out for about 10 seconds every 30 seconds or so; but, the picture worked fine. How do I contact Samsung to have the one connect checked out?

When was the tv purchased?

There is one step you can take here, both as a possible fix, as well as a diagnostic evaluation:
1) Unplug the power cord from the outlet

2) Wait at least 1 hour (60+ Minutes)

3) Press and hold the power button for 60 seconds
4) Keep holding power button while plugging back in, and for another 60 seconds after. When plugging back in, go directly to the wall outlet, bypassing any power strips or surge protectors.

If this reset process does not work, it would unfortunately confirm an internal hardware failure, and the box would need to be replaced. If the tv is less tha na year old, samsung should cover that for you.

We purchased the TV on December 28, 2017 and it now is plugged directly into the wall outlet. I will try your possible fix and if it doesn't work, I will contact Samsung. Do you have a contact number?

You should be well within the warranty then, so no worries there, they'll likely just send you a new oneconnect box.

800samsung is the warranty line

Best of luck with the reset!

Thanks.

You're very welcome

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Thank you, ***** ***** a nice day,

Nathan, Installer