TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Will not turn on red light flashes with both the manual and…

Customer Question
Will not turn on...

Will not turn on red light flashes with both the manual and the remote.

Technician's Assistant: Is your TV connected to a surge protector or power strip?

No

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried to power reset your TV (unplugging the power for 1-2 minutes, then plugging it back in)?

No

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

Mld.led55c55r1200

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/25/2018
TV Technician: Mike G., Technician replied 3 months ago
Mike G.
Mike G., Technician

Hello, I see you were chatting with the site's automated response system. I am Mike, the real life technician assigned to help you. Sorry to hear you are having problems....
Are you available to chat online with me right now?

Please try this:
-unplug the tv POWER cord from the wall outlet.
-wait 3 full minutes then plug in the tv power cord and try to turn on. Try the button on the tv, not just remote.

REPLY back here and tell me what happens.

Did not heĺp

Can you tell me about your electronics experience? For example:

-none/very little

-capable plugging in a tv, source devices, sound systems

-proficient with testing/repair (give examples)