TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I CANNOT TURN OFF my TV. I have VIZIO E32-C1 1080p smart LED…

Customer Question
I CANNOT TURN OFF...

I CANNOT TURN OFF my TV. I have VIZIO E32-C1 1080p smart LED TV. I bought it from Amazon in 2015. this is what happened: I turned off the TV. After a few seconds, it came on by itself. I then tried to turn it off with the VIZIO remote, it did not work. I changed the two AAA batteries. Still it did not work. I phoned RCN. Under the directions of the RCN technician I tried for about one hour by tapping buttons and dialing numbers. Nothing worked. They told me to call you. Can you help? my telephone is(###) ###-####

Technician's Assistant: Are there buttons on the side, bottom, or back of your E32-C1?

On the right side there are two holes and above it there are what look like two buttons

Technician's Assistant: What menu options can you access, if any?

What do you mean by menu options? i am very old and not good with gadgets.I can change channels with my RCN remote.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

I want to be able to turn the TV set on and off. what else can I say? What else do you need to know?

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: TV
3/25/2018
TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 4 months ago
Nathan, Installer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review and reply.

Will the tv respond to its own onboard button on the back of the tv?

It is imperative that you reply back to me here, on your original question only, please.

Posting new/duplicate questions costs you more and hinders my ability to reply.

Please reply back here on this page when ready.

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?

Please note: You have already paid your fees to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.