TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Having problems with tv/remote connections. Tv is visio

Customer Question
e70-e3. About 4 years old...
Having problems with tv/remote connections. Tv is visio e70-e3. About 4 years old. Im using the vizio smart cast app for the remote. Both devices are on same Wi-Fi network but will still not connect and have no access to the tv, except through the controls on the tv itself.
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: TV
3/25/2018
TV Technician: Harry, Customer Service replied 3 months ago
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply. I've just logged in and saw your question waiting and I'm happy to assist you. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

please

Are you sure the TV is connected to Wi-Fi?

it shows when i turn the tv on and switch inputs. Not to mention that my remote has started to turn the tv on, but wont go anywhere from there. Im starting to think its the app.

Have you tried replacing the batteries in the remote?

Im using the vizio smart cast mobile app, not the actual remote

Okay it is likely an issue with the app then.