TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I just installed google home on my phone to control my wemo…

I just installed google...

I just installed google home on my phone to control my wemo and realized it can control the chromecast on my family room tv. But I can't seem to switch back to regular cable tv.

Technician's Assistant: Are you getting any error messages when you try to connect to Chromecast?

No. The chromecast pic is on the tv screen. I just want to switch back to regular cable tv.

Technician's Assistant: How is your internet connection? Have you tried unplugging your modem and router, then plugging them back in?

No. But the google wemo is working now. Just set it up this morning.

Answered in 1 hour by:
3/25/2018
littlerusty2005

Hello, my name is***** to Justanswer! Give me just a few minutes to look up some specifics, I'm working on this now.

Is your cable box plugged into your TV, or into a surround sound receiver?

Into the TV

Ok, on your TV remote, you'll see an INPUT (source) button. Press that repeatedly until Cable is selected.

If that doesn't give you a picture, or it's not available, look at the cable from your cable box to your TV. It will have a label on your TV of what the input is named. Use the input button to switch to that source.

Right now it's set to the input where Chromecast is connected, likely an app. Using the input button will switch back to TV.

If you are still unable to get video, please tell me the model number of the TV.

littlerusty2005