TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

NO PICTURE HAVE SOUND. TWO WEEKS AGO. THIS HAS HAPPEN BEFORE…

NO PICTURE HAVE...

NO PICTURE HAVE SOUND

Technician's Assistant: Are there any HDMI cables or A/V jacks (red, yellow, and white cables) plugged into your TV?

YES

Technician's Assistant: Was there a power outage recently?

TWO WEEKS AGO

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

THIS HAS HAPPEN BEFORE A COUPLE OF TIMES

3/25/2018
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

What's the model number off of the back of the TV and how old is it?

60LB7100
5 YEARS OLD

Thanks for the reply. If you use the original LG remote and press MENU can you get the MENU to display? Also if you shut the TV off and turn it right back on does the LG logo display on the screen?

Logo displays. Pressing menu on remote nothing

Are the batteries in the LG remote good? So you're saying after the LG logo the screen goes pitch black and the TV no longer functions- is that correct?

Picture goes black but still have sound

Yes I saw you had sound. Here's the thing- if the set's OWN MENU does not display after the screen goes black- this IS a hardware failure in the TV. There's no settings/adjustments that will cause this and the most common cause of this failure are bad LED light strips in the screen off the TV requiring repairs.

However it's worth it to try a hard reset, as sometimes the processor in the TV can simply have locked up. The first thing you would try, is disconnect the set from power, then press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote), for 10 seconds and release. Then plug the set back in, and also check that the power cord is connected tight at the TV as well. Press power once, and see if the set powers up normally. Try this procedure up to 2 times, and please let me know what happens.

Were you able to try those steps? Are you still having the same problem?

Aric, Technician