TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Tv has developed a line, I don't have any access with my…

Tv has developed...

Tv has developed a line, I don't have any access with my remote using the smart cast mobile app, Tv fails to show the guide from the cable provider

Technician's Assistant: What is the model of your TV?

E70-E3

Technician's Assistant: What menu options can you access, if any?

Nothing from the remote, but have access through the controls on the tv

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

Nothing

3/25/2018
Dan, Master Tech and Repair Facility Trainer

Welcome to the site! I'm Dan. How old is the TV? Also, I will need to see a picture of the line. You can share a picture with me by using the "Add Files" link on your chat page.

Can you switch to something besides the cable box, to see if the line is still there? Try watching a DVD, playing a video game, or using whatever other audio/video devices you have connected to the TV.

line is constant, through all inputs
Ive dealt with the line for a while, but now seeing how other problems are happening i figured i ask about that as well

OK I was afraid you were going to say that. That's really bad news. Whenever we see a thin horizontal line like this that doesn't change or move, the problem is a defect in the panel/screen assembly. The screen can be replaced, but it's almost never cost effective. The part just costs too much.

Is the TV under warranty? This is absolutely a defect and not a wear & tear kind of thing.

I only had a 2 year warranty, so there is no more warranty

I'm sorry to hear that and again, I'm sorry to bear such bad news but the panel assembly is the only possible cause for the line. For a screen this size, the replacement part is about $1,000. For a TV that's a few years old, that is cost prohibitive. I know it's not a real solution, but your best option is to simply live with the line for as long as you can and then replace the TV in its entirety. For what it's worth, this is a pretty common issue on Vizio.

What else can I do for you?

The tv also uses the vizio smart cast mobile app. Just recently within the past week, i can not gain access using said app, both tv and devices using same Wi-Fi connection, but i can't control the tv using the app.

That one isn't a question for me. I repair TVs and don't know anything about networking or WiFi. If you want, you can leave me a rating on this question (1-5 stars) and then repost this question for someone else to look at for the networking issue.

Ok thank you much

You're welcome!

You should see a "Second Opinion" option on your screen somewhere. If you don't, just let me know and I'll send it over to the customer service folks to do it manually.