Harry, Customer Service
Experience:  IT at Justanswer
100894602

Entire picture about size of 32 in tv. Centered to left old

Customer Question

Entire picture about size of 32 in tv. Centered to left old screen. Think it happened with child playing with remote.
JA: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: Sharp LC-80LE857U about 4 years old
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: Tv works as normal...guide, channels, etc. on direct tv... all other TVs in house working normally
JA: How long has this been an issue with your LC-80LE857U? What happened right before this?
Customer: Happened yesterday. Child had remote. Took a look at screen and it had shrunk.
JA: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes..hold a moment. In upper rt screen, above HDM1 it reads “STB Refsw Design
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 7 months ago.

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

Expert:  Aric replied 7 months ago.

First, reboot the Cable/SAT box by disconnecting it from power for 10 seconds and plugging it back in. Upon rebooting, if the screen aspect is still incorrect, then look for the following buttons on the Cable/SAT remote:

Aspect

Zoom

HD Zoom

Ratio

(#) symbol under the 9 key

Find any buttons with those labels and use them to attempt to correct the picture size. If you are unable to find those buttons, or they don't help, then the settings are hidden deeper in the Cable Box and I will need the BRAND and MODEL of the cable box.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I rebooted, did that yesterday as well, no change, pic returned small. None of those buttons show up on direct tv remote. The tv remote has been working but now when “menu” selected the tv screen shows “no operation available at tv + web”
Expert:  Aric replied 7 months ago.

Okay so it's DirecTv- thank you. Hang on please.

Expert:  Aric replied 7 months ago.

So you need to follow DirecTv's steps below as the picture size is being controlled by the settings on the box- not your TV:

https://www.att.com/esupport/article.html#!/smb-directv/KM1182366

Expert:  Aric replied 7 months ago.

Do you need further assistance with this?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
the direct tv remote will change channels, etc but does not show any pic size options. The tv remote will not either
Expert:  Aric replied 7 months ago.

Did you view the link I posted above?? If so and you still can't get the settings then call DirecTv since they OWN this equipment and are responsible for it's functionality.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Please refund the 26 I paid to talk to you on the phone
Expert:  Aric replied 7 months ago.

I don't handle any of that- i'm not a billing agent or customer support rep. I'm a technician. You can handle your own refunds, billing, etc. etc. etc. using the site help pages not by replying here.

Expert:  Aric replied 7 months ago.

Goodbye.

Expert:  Harry replied 7 months ago.

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply. I've just logged in and saw your question waiting and I'm happy to assist you. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.