TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

My tv is turning on and off constantly by it's self. Visio…

Customer Question
My tv is turning...

My tv is turning on and off constantly by it's self

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

Visio e70-e3

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

It keeps trying to turn on but I don't get a picture

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

The tv is less then a year old

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: TV
3/25/2018
TV Technician: Mike G., Technician replied 3 months ago
Mike G.
Mike G., Technician

Hello, I see you were chatting with the site's automated response system. I am Mike, the real life technician assigned to help you. Sorry to hear you are having problems....
Are you available to chat online with me right now?

Is the tv staying on at all? long enough to have picture/sound?

No, the power light comes on then fades out, it keeps doing it by it's self.

Please try this:

-disconnect ALL ant/cable/usb/hdmi/audio/video cables from the tv.
-unplug the tv POWER cord from the wall outlet.
-wait 3 full minutes then plug in ONLY the tv power cord and try to turn on.

REPLY back here and tell me what happens.

I did that and left it that way all last nite, it still doesn't work

Contact Vizio(###) ###-#### your tv needs parts and service, you are still under warranty.

Don't you work for visio?

Nope. This is a website called Just Answers. We give advice. In this case you are very lucky the tv is under warranty and Vizio(###) ###-####will take good care of you.

Ok, I get my 5$ back then?

If you did not find my advice helpful, you can contact website customer service(###) ###-#### If you did find it helpful, let me know so you can submit a positive rating for my time.