TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I just switched from time warner to spectrum. I have a

Customer Question
I just switched from...

I just switched from time warner to spectrum. I have a Samsung F9000 UHDTV. they gave me a new setbox with dvr to use. the picture is poor fuzzy. Any ideas why?

Technician's Assistant: How old is your F9000?

I bought it 1/14

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Yes. no

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your F9000? What happened right before this?

Since new spectrum setbox installed. i was a great pic with time warner box just last week

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

I lose the pic on and off. wonder if the one connect is going bad

Submitted: 26 days ago.Category: TV
3/25/2018
TV Technician: Steven, Technician replied 26 days ago
Steven, Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** you available to chat?

Do you have any other devices connected to the TV via HDMI and do they operate normally with a good picture?

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
i have a dvd player that has a great pic. i notice randomly that the tv will lose pic when i am watching cable tv, tv says no connection. if i wiggle the one connect cord, it usually goes back on. when it goes on, the pic is not clear, poor resolution. spectrum tech came to house says the setbox is ok, good signal

Okay can you connect the DVD to same input that the Spectrum box is using and see if it too has a problem using that input, It is possible that that port is loose or defective.

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
the dvd player goes on off also.

Okay then that HDMI input is defective, the connections may have come loose from the circuit board, unfortunately the main board would have to be replaced in the TV or if you have another HDMI input to connect it too you may get by. Try connecting the spectrum box to where the DVD player was connected it should work normally.

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
ok u agree with my suspiction that the one connect is defective? , why do u think my pic is fuzzy, same reason?
Customer reply replied 26 days ago
spectrum tech said sometimes its a compatablity issue, you hear of that?

I don't think its a compatibility issue, more likely to be the HDMI port in the on connect box Did you try using a different input for the spectrum box to see if worked normally?

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
didn't ,\make a difference.

so you connected the spectrum box to the input that DVD was using and it still did not work right, fuzzy ect but the DVD player worked fine in that input is that correct?

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
the dvd pic was fine when switched but the cable pic was not and the tv would suddenly lose the signal using both in all the hdmi ports.

I assume you also used a different HDMI cable too from the spectrum box to the one connect to rule out the cable?

Customer

the dvd player goes on off also.

You said earlier the DVD also went out when you connected to that other input

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
I'm not getting your message
Customer reply replied 26 days ago
i didn't get your reply is what i meant. the dvd player also loses pic on tv

That fact is - If the DVD player works fine in lets say (HDMI 1) but you connect the spectrum box and it has a problem then he fault lies with the source, (spectrum box) if both units have issues in the same input then the fault would lie with the 1 connect box. if you are saying that the DVD player also had issues when connected to the input where the spectrum box was then the problem is definitely the HDMI port on the one connect and that would have to be replaced. If that is the case then you should be able to connect the spectrum box to and an alternate HDMI say (HDMI 2) and it should work normally

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
i agree. ok, why do u think the picture quality is poor now?

Like I said if the DVD works in HDMI (1) but the spectrum box has an issue in HDMI (1) the problem is with the spectrum box or the signal that runs to it if that is in-fact the case then you need to get the spectrum tech back out their and this time show him that your other devices work properly in the same input with a clear picture. Either the incoming signal is week or the spectrum box has an issue.

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
ok thanks for your help.

Your welcome and thank you for using JA, please consider accepting or rating, it is how the techs get credit for their time on the site, Thank you again.

Steven, Technician