TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

My TV will not come on. It is 3 years old. I assume that the…

Customer Question
My TV will not...

My TV will not come on. It is 3 years old. I assume that the HDMI cable is also the power cable. I cannot find another cable coming from the TV. I do not have a remote for the TV.

Technician's Assistant: Is your TV connected to a surge protector or power strip?

No. The only cable coming from the TV is the HDMI cable which connects to the DVR. I cannot find another cable coming from the TV nor can I find a place to plug a cable in.

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried to power reset your TV (unplugging the power for 1-2 minutes, then plugging it back in)?

I have unplugged the HDMI cable.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: TV
3/25/2018
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 3 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

What's the model number off of the back of the TV and are there currently any signs of life on the TV at all right now?

Sorry I am here by myself. It is mounted on the wall and I cannot release it by myself. There are no signs of life.

Okay, first- the HDMI cable is not the power cable. Second, I have no idea which of the 500 different flat screen TV's you have (you didn't even post a brand name: IE: Samsung, etc.), so I'm at an impasse. Provide some more info and I'll do my best to help.

All I know is that it is a Visio. 3 years old. 60 inch flat screen.

Okay, I didn't even see Vizio posted before. Thank you. So you're asking if the HDMI cable is the power cable which it's not. Perhaps the power cable is not plugged in which is why you only saw one cable? Please check that.

On the road as we speak. Will try later and see if I can get some help to get model number. Sorry To be such a bother. Go enjoy the rest of your day and thanks for trying.

No problem, and I can help you later on when you're at the TV. You can reply back here at anytime by, Bookmarking the Page/Add to Favorites, logging onto www.justanswer.com, then clicking on "My Questions", or by clicking on any of the links in the Reply E-mails the site sends you.