TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

How to remove the voice that continually reports the voice…

Customer Question
How to remove the...

How to remove the voice that continually reports the voice level each time I request more or less volume using the remote control?

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

Samsung 32" Smart TV #UN32M5300

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

YES

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your 32? What happened right before this?

New TV

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: TV
3/25/2018
TV Technician: technicalcat, Technician replied 3 months ago
technicalcat
technicalcat, Technician

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. This is an independent, fee-based technical support site.

My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you now.

Is this voice only calling out volume level? Are you using your factory original samsung remote to change volume, or a different remote, such as for a cable or satellite receiver?

NOTE: To reply to me, please type your message in the box below and click the button to send.

Regular Samsung. Also talks when changing channels

Phone support would make this much easier and faster to solve. I sent you an offer for that, and if you'd like to accept it, I can connect with you right away.

If not, please try the following steps, and let me know the results.

1. Press Menu button on remote
  2. Select "Audio Description" from top ribbon
  3. Select "Voice Guide"
  4. Select "Off"v
No menu button on remote
Is this whole thing a ripoff?

Try pressing settings to bring up the main menu.

Appreciate your help but nothing is working. Samsung is new

Phone support would make this much easier and faster to solve. I sent you an offer for that, and if you'd like to accept it, please reply to let me know when you will be available. thanks.