TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

We have a sharp LC-70LE732U. The little V (power light) is…

We have a sharp...

We have a sharp LC-70LE732U. The little V (power light) is flashing 2 long flashes and then 3 short flashes. TV will not power on at all. Last night we managed to get it back on by unplugging the HDMI cable and the power cable, holding down the power button and plugging everything back in. Tried that again today and all other button combos but nothing is working is our TV done

Technician's Assistant: Is your LC-70LE732U connected to a surge protector or power strip?

Yep. Has been since the day we bought it

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried to power reset your TV (unplugging the power for 1-2 minutes, then plugging it back in)?

Yep

3/25/2018
Dan, Master Tech and Repair Facility Trainer

Welcome to the site! I'm Dan, and I'd be happy to help. I've worked with this model several times. How old is it? Do you have hand tools?

we purchased it in 2012 I think. Can't quite recall
we do have hand tools but kids are sleeping and TV is wall mounted so would need to deal with that first
I guess one more piece of info. We recently moved across the country and the TV moved too. Could this be the cause of the issue?

We won't be using any tools tonight. I was just curious if you had them because we will eventually need them. That 2 long, 3 short flashing code means the power supply board inside the TV has failed. Replacing the board is pretty easy... just screwdrivers and some patience is all you need.

The part number for the board you need to order is RUNTKA857WJQZ. You can get a refurbished one >>here<<. Don't worry, it will come with a warranty. I've used those guys several times in the past and they are very good. You can also contact >>these guys<< to see if they will be getting any more (out of stock right now).

Do you need some instructions on how to remove the TV's back panel to get to the board?

no thank you. The moving company will cover the damages. When they moved the TV, they yanked the power cord out of the back of the TV. We had to unscrew the panel and re-plug when we got to our destination. Why they did that I have no clue but my guess is that this probably contributed to the failed power supply board
they will pay for a repair person to come and fix it

Yes, absolutely! I'm glad I could confirm the diagnosis for you. I can give you an excerpt from the service manual that shows that this is a power supply failure. That might help convince the movers.

Sure, that would be fantastic! I haven't found the manual in the boxes yet!
is there anything in the manual that says NOT to unplug the power supply cord? that would help convince them too!

The regular owner's manual won't show you. This is from the factory service manual that is only available to servicers. >>HERE YOU GO<<

Haha I'm not sure if the manual says not to yank the power cord, but you probably don't need proof that it was a bad idea.

I really hope that answers your question! Let me know if you need anything else. Oh, and please take a second to rate the service I provided (there should be a 5-star scale on your page somewhere). Don't worry, that won't close your question and you can still respond back at any time.

Perfect. Thank you very much. Very impressed with this service. 5 stars for sure

Happy to hear it! Good luck with the claim.