TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I tried to start my tv with the remote and the red stand by…

Customer Question
I tried to start...

I tried to start my tv with the remote and the red stand by light went to green and after two seconds flashed back to red. i turned the tv off for an hour and turned it back on and it worked for 20 minutes and then stopped and the red light is back on flashing.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

Panosonic viera

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

No the screen is black and the red standby is flashing

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

Its like it works after i turn it off and let it cool down and then when i turn it back on it works for 20 and stops.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: TV
3/25/2018
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 2 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

What's the full model number off of the back of the Panasonic, and roughly how old is the TV please?

Simply view my reply and send one back to proceed.

thp50vt20a and 7 years old

Thank you for the reply. Please check the red blinking light for any pattern (for example: 7 blinks, pause, 7 blinks, pause, etc.) and let me know what you get.

Please check the red blinking light for any pattern (for example: 7 blinks, pause, 7 blinks, pause, etc.) and let me know what you get.

i just turned the side on / off button on after having the tv off for and hour and it works. But it will automatically shut down in a minute.

Okay, let me know the blink pattern once it shuts down.

It's been 6 minutes, did the TV shut down?

ok thanks

not yet

Okay. Let me know.

from memory i think it blinked red three short,a gap and one long

Panasonic sets don't blink like that, it would be a continuous pattern of the same blinks over and over. The blinking is a code, and each pattern of blinks is specific to the problem.

Do you need assistance with this, or is the TV working now?

it hasnt stopped yet. this problem started last week end. I stopped and started it several times and this is the longest it has stayed on for that time. could it be dusty or overheating.
it flashes ten times and has a brake and flashes ten times again continually
it has shut down again flashing red ten times continuasly

Thanks for the reply. A 10 blink code indicates a failure of the Mainboard or Power Board that's occurring and will ultimately require repairs. It's not dust causing it but rather wearing components within the TV itself. I would suggest running it for as long as you can and when the issue becomes unbearable to simply replace the TV. On this 7 year old set the cost of repairs is between $350-$450 parts and labor and that is what a new 50" LED 4K Smart TV starts at these days.

Other than that, I'm sorry for the bad news and wish there were a quick fix.

Let me know if you need more help. Also, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (3-5 stars at the top of the page) and click SUBMIT so that I am credited for working with you today?