TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Samsung 51in plasma color vertical lines (12) across tv. I…

Samsung 51in plasma color...

Samsung 51in plasma color vertical lines (12) across tv. I have replaced the logic board no change

Technician's Assistant: How old is your 51IN?

4 yrs out of warranty

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Yes...can watch tv change menu items

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your 51IN? What happened right before this?

Been about 2 years. Working ok, this issue was gradual.

Answered in 1 hour by:
3/25/2018
Dan, Master Tech and Repair Facility Trainer

Welcome to the site! I'm Dan. What's the model number on the back of the TV?

PN51E450A1FXZA

OK, thanks. I really need to see a picture of the screen, so I can see the lines for myself. You can send me a picture by clicking the "Add Files" link on your chat window.

If you're seeing offers for additional services (like phone calls), rest assured those are coming from the site and not me. They're automated.

Yes, I did. Looking at it now. It will take a few minutes for me to examine and then pull up some schematics.

OK, thanks for your patience. Turn the TV off, then grab the original Samsung remote. Press MENU 1 8 2 POWER. That should turn the TV on in service mode. Go to Test Patterns and cycle through them. Are the lines visible over the test patterns?

MENU 1 8 2 POWER does not place it in setvice mode so I can select tedt pattern

Sometimes I have to try a few times, but if you're using the original remote the procedure will work unless there is an issue with the main board.

Have tried 5-7 times, not working.

OK. Just turn it on normally, and then bring up the regular menu. Are the lines ON TOP of the menu? Or are they BEHIND the menu?

On top of menu
The lines are mot solid but they flicker in a vertical line.

OK, then the logic board is almost certainly fine and it's the main board that is causing your issue. The flicker also points to the main board. You can get a replacement >>HERE<<.

I really hope that answers your question! Let me know if you need anything else. Oh, and please take a second to rate the service I provided (there should be a 5-star scale on your page somewhere). Don't worry, that won't close your question and you can still respond back at any time.

Dan, Thank you for your assistance. I ordered the board from shop Jimmy and it was backordered. Just received it today. Installed and checked it and the issue is still there. The colored vertical lines are present. As I mentioned earlier, the colored lines appear to flicker up and down the vertical line.
Greetings, ordered parts and they were backordered.
Just received the main board. Installed it and turned the unit on. The colored vertical lines were still present. As I said earlier, the colored lines look like the are flickering. I can send another picture or a movie on it.