TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Why does the tv go dark and then the picture returns to

Customer Question
Why does the tv...

Why does the tv go dark and then the picture returns to normal

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

It’s a 5 series and it a couple of weeks old

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Yes to both questions

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this?

It has went on ever since I got it

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: TV
3/25/2018
TV Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 3 months ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Welcome to JustAnswer, an independent, pay per question support website
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this and I'll do my best to help

- Could you please get me the complete model number written on back cover or side panel of the TV?

- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to the TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?

Model UN50M5300AFXZA the only thing hooked up to it is Durect tv nothing else
It’s direct tv

OK, following troubleshooting step should be tried that might help
- Have you tried to disconnect TV and cable box power cords from the power outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in, let cable box reboot that may take several minutes and check?
If not yet, please try it now and reply back with the result

Did not work

OK, can you connect a different video source such as DVD player etc to this TV as a test to see if the problem occurs while playing back a DVD disc?

This way we will confirm the TV and the Directv box to figure out which one is at fault