TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV won't turn on. And it is lit up. We reset it once a

TV won't turn on ...

TV won't turn on

Technician's Assistant: Is your TV connected to a surge protector or power strip?

Yes and it is lit up

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried to power reset your TV (unplugging the power for 1-2 minutes, then plugging it back in)?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

We reset it once a couple weeks ago

3/24/2018
Mike G.
Mike G., Technician

Hello, I see you were chatting with the site's automated response system. I am Mike, the real life technician assigned to help you. Sorry to hear you are having problems....
Are you available to chat online with me right now?

No

Please try to get the model number off the back of the tv. If not:
-when did you buy the tv?
-what brand is the tv?
-what size is the screen?
-is it LED or LCD or Plasma or?

50pg20-ua
Maybe 10 years
LG
50"
Plasma

Have you tried unplugging the tv POWER cord for 3 full minutes?

When you plug it in, press power on the tv (not remote), is there any sign of life like LED on front on or blinking?

several times
No blinking

Can you tell me about your electronics experience? Because I'm very sorry to say, this is going to be an internal failure that requires very complex diagnosis and parts inside the tv be replaced. If you want to DIY, let me know and I may be able to help you with that here (this depends mostly on your previous electronics experience). Otherwise you will need to use local repair shop but I don't recommend for a 10 year old tv... it will cost as much as a new 50" tv that will have a fresh warranty, better picture, more features, etc.

I know this is bad news and very upsetting but please understand I am here to provide an honest answer. I hope you will submit a 5 star rating at the top of this page and not base the rating on the fact that your tv needs parts or services outside of our control. If for some reason you don't feel I should get 5 stars, please do not rate and just let me know and I will follow up with you here.

Maybe you're thinking- "It wasn't worth it"... Well in fact, for years I worked for a repair shop that still charges $120 up front for an in home diagnosis. So by using this service you actually saved a ton of time and money.

Mike G.
Mike G., Technician

What happened? It appeared you understood using this service saves you time and money, yet you seem to have withdrawn your payment :(