TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I bought a Hitachi/Roku TV about a year ago. I had no idea…

Customer Question
I bought a Hitachi/Roku...

I bought a Hitachi/Roku TV about a year ago. I had no idea that they charged a fee. They turned my Roku off without warning and now I have no TV. I gave them a credit Card number and the payment is pending. They finally told me I probably would not have TV till Monday. Is this normal?

Technician's Assistant: What does your TV screen look like when you try to connect your digital media player? Is there anything at all displayed?

It shows the opening screen....Hitachi....Roku....that goes of and comes back on..again and again

Technician's Assistant: Is your digital media player connected to the TV, or is it connected to a power outlet?

Everything is still connected. It was working fine till they cut it off. I just want to know, is this a normal Roku thing?

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Video Expert to know before I connect you?

Can you help me get my TV back on? Is this a Roku ripoff or, is it real?

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: TV
3/25/2018
TV Technician: Harry, Customer Service replied 4 months ago
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply. I've just logged in and saw your question waiting and I'm happy to assist you. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

please

It sounds like you called a scam company pretending to be ROKU

What is the number that you called?

I'm not sure. My son was on the phone with them 2 or 3 hours. I'm not at home right now so I haven't a clue.
They said you had to have a subscription to use Roku. I know nothing about these things but I do know my TV won't come on and I am not happy.

Unfortunately, it sounds like you were scammed.

ROKU does not require that you call them and pay anything so it is likely that you or your son called a fake company.

Well great.

Unfortunately, this is a common scam.