TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

How much is your service. It is a roku stick. The remote…

Customer Question
How much is your...

How much is your service

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your product?

It is a roku stick. The remote stop working and like an idiot I thru it out and have been using my phone. Now that will not accept my IP number to proceed. I believe, after a thousand hours I can not do anything without a remote

Technician's Assistant: What Roku model do you have?

It has no model number on it but it is purple and I believe that is significant somehow.

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Roku media player?

I would be happy to ethernet it but can't find out how

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Video Expert to know before I connect you?

Nothing. It comes up on the TV but without the remote I can't do anything. All instructions start with...with your remote. DAAAAAA

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: TV
3/24/2018
TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 3 months ago
Nathan, Installer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review and reply.

As a starting point, we'll need to reset the roku system:

Power off the tv and disconnect both power and hdmi from the roku.

Remove the batteries from the roku remote

Wait 5 minutes,

reconnect hdmi, power the tv on, then plug the roku power back in

put in a new set of fresh batteries into the roku remote

when you see the roku logo show on screen, press and hold the HOME button on the roku remote for 15 seconds.

Let me know the results.

Thank you,

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?

Please note: You have already paid your fees to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.

I am sorry but I have been away and found I have more problems than I thought. Once those are resolved I will try your guys suggestions.

Thank you