TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Im trying to connect an hdmi to my tv ,and im having a hard…

Customer Question
Im trying to connect...

Im trying to connect an hdmi to my tv ,and im having a hard time connecting.can you help me

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

It's a vizio Q41G78V997B46 and i bought it in march 2018 at walmart

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your Q41G78V997B46? What happened right before this?

I just bought the adapter and cord yesterday and it says no signal check if source device is connected and powered on or press input to select the input for the device

Submitted: 26 days ago.Category: TV
3/24/2018
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 26 days ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

What's the model number off of the back of the Vizio?

Which HDMI port on the TV are you plugged into?

Do you have the original Vizio remote?

Simply reply back if you need help.

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
D501-E1, HDM1 ,yes

Thank you. Use the INPUT button on the Vizio remote and select HDMI 1. Let me know what happens.

Also, what exactly is it you're trying to connect to the TV via this adapter and HDMI cable???

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
Same message check if the device is connected on powered on

Okay this means the issue is the "source" or the adapter. What exactly is it you're trying to connect to the TV via this adapter and HDMI cable?

Yes? I have no idea what this is pertaining to. I've asked this twice now- What exactly is it you're trying to connect to the TV via this adapter and HDMI cable?

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
My phone

More info. What phone. What adapter.

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
Im trying to connect the adapter and to my phone

I've got to run, it's been 20 minutes and I still don't have details to help you.

TV Technician: littlerusty2005, Expert replied 26 days ago
littlerusty2005

What is the model number of your phone? Android or iPhone?

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
LG

Ok, did you connect the power cord to get it working? Tell me everything that is plugged into the adapter.

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
The cable cord thin flex and my phone

Ok, there is a port for your charger on the adapter. Make sure that is plugged in, and tell me if you get any signal.

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
Nothing it says no signal
Customer reply replied 26 days ago
The model for my phone is L5676

Ok, let's use an app, some operating systems don't support casting the entire image, only from apps. Download the Netflix app from the Google Play store, and tell me if that comes up on your screen.

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
Nothing .same thing no signal
Customer reply replied 26 days ago
Ok
TV Technician: Harry, Customer Service replied 25 days ago
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply. I've just logged in and saw your question waiting and I'm happy to assist you. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
i do
TV Technician: Harry, Customer Service replied 24 days ago

Are you trying to connect your phone to your TV via a HDMI cable?

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
It saying no signal

You cannot use a HDMI cable to connect it to your TV

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
What do i need
Customer reply replied 24 days ago
Why didnt the saleman tell me that

I cannot tell you why someone else told you the wrong information unfortunately.

You can use the Vizio Smartcast app

Take a look here: https://support.vizio.com/s/article/Pairing-a-Smart-Phone-or-Tablet-to-your-VIZIO-SmartCast-Device?language=en_US

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
you cant hook vizio tv to your phone with the hdmi adapter and cord
TV Technician: Harry, Customer Service replied 23 days ago

No, you will need to follow the steps using the link above.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Customer reply replied 19 days ago
I no longer want your sevices
Harry, Customer Service