TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have an XBR-65X930D TV that is 14 months old. Two days ago…

Customer Question
I have an XBR-65X930D...

I have an XBR-65X930D TV that is 14 months old. Two days ago while watching TV the picture went to a pixalated greenish-whitish color screen for about 15-20 seconds and then went black. It repeated this again a day later.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

Sony XBR-65X930D TV that is 14 months old.

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Its completely black now. I had run the self diagnotics which revealed the sound and picture were fine.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

Its not the cable since this issue happended only on the Smart TV setting,

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: TV
3/24/2018
TV Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 1 month ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Welcome to JustAnswer, an independent, pay per question support website
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this and I'll do my best to help

- Do you get menu screen when pushing Home button on Sony remote during the black screen?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thanks

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Are you calling me?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No I did not get menu screen when pushing Home button on Sony remote during the black screen.

OK, following troubleshooting step should be tried that might help
- Have you tried to disconnect TV and cable box power cords from the power outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in, let cable box reboot that may take several minutes and check?
If not yet, please try it now and reply back with the result

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I tried that. THe same issue happened when I was not on the cable and just on the internet.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
When the screen was working I went through the Sony self diagnostics on the menu button and it said the sound and video were fine.

OK, let me repost this question for other techs to look into it, hopefully, someone will soon respond to assist you further

I'm opting out now as I need to go offline for few hours

Thanks

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Is anyone going to help me?
TV Technician: Electrotech2017, Audio and Video Technician replied 1 month ago
Electrotech2017
Electrotech2017, Audio and Video Technician
Phone call session started
Louie, Technician