TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

We purchased the Rotel RA 1570 about 1.5 yrs ago and keep…

Customer Question
Hello we purchased the...

Hello we purchased the Rotel RA 1570 about 1.5 yrs ago and keep playing with it to get the best sound. And my husband just switched things around for better tv sound, the HDMI cable from the tv goes into our DTV box & then he ran an audio optical from the DTV box to the Rotel (because our Toshiba smart tv didn’t have an audio optical). And now when ever we change channels, pause, rewind or fast forward etc... there is an annoying clicking sound from the Rotel. How can we alleviate this problem.

Technician's Assistant: Are all the cables at the back of your Toshiba TV connected tightly to the right sockets?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: What type of input cables are you using: HDMI, RCA (red, yellow, and white cables), S-Video, or something else?

Before we had an RCA cable red/white from tv to the Rotel and no clicking but not quality sound

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

HDMI from tv to the direct tv box and then digital optical from direct tv to Rotel for the audio

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/24/2018
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 3 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

Please reply back with the model number off of the back of your Toshiba Smart TV.