TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

The picture is saturated with a lot of. Samsung smart tv…

Customer Question
The picture is saturated...

The picture is saturated with a lot of white.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

Samsung smart tv UN55H7150

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Model #

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your UN55H7150? What happened right before this?

Nothing happened. The color just changed 2 days ago.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

No thanks

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: TV
3/24/2018
TV Technician: Dan, Master Tech and Repair Facility Trainer replied 2 months ago
Dan, Master Tech and Repair Facility Trainer

Welcome to the site! I'm Dan. I really need to see a picture of this. Please use the "Add Files" link to send me the picture.

I see them. Just a minute while I take a look.

OK, that's some pretty serious solarization. What kinds of devices do you have connected to the TV? is there a cable box, DVD player?

A cable box. Another box that gives us movies and tv shows and an internet router. Should I disconnect one?

Don't disconnect anything, but if those pictures were from the cable box then switch over to the other box and let's see if you get the same solarization.

it’s the same

OK use the original remote and press MENU. Is the menu normal, or is it the same?

The menu is normal. Also pictures of the show are normal (Netflix or YouTube menu of shows), but when you hit play it’s distorted again.

Can you send me a picture showing the Netflix menu of shows?

But when you hit play, it changes to that white picture in your original picture?

OK, there are 2 things that could be causing this. You either have bad software inside the TV, or the TV's main board has failed. Fixing the software would be free and relatively easy, so I think you should try that first.

>>Click here<< and then scroll down to "Manuals and Downloads." Next to Firmware, click "See More." Download the Dec 2016 update manual, and then also the Dec 2016 upgrade file. It's pretty large, so it will take awhile to download. Once it's downloaded, follow the instructions in the update manual.

If that doesn't work, replacing the main board is your best bet. The board is about $90. You can order one >>here<<. If you get to that point, let me know first and I'll send you some instructions on replacing it.

I really hope that answers your question! Let me know if you need anything else. Oh, and please take a second to rate the service I provided (there should be a 5-star scale on your page somewhere). Don't worry, that won't close your question and you can still respond back at any time.

I should download this on my phone or on the tv?

Go to a computer, and click the first link I sent. Download the firmware to the computer, and then you will need to copy the file to a USB thumb drive. The firmware update guide walks you through all of that. Do you need a copy of the guide?

My current version is 2200. The December version is 2170. Is there a point in downling what looks like an older version?

Nope, good catch. The December version is the most recent according to Samsung's service website. Strange that you have a more recent one installed, but I supposed that rules out the software. Suggest we move on to replacing the main board.