TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

When I try to play a movie on my DVD, my Vizio TV only shows…

When I try to...

When I try to play a movie on my DVD, my Vizio TV only shows half a screen

Technician's Assistant: Who makes your media player? How old is it?

Phillips is the DVD play, and my TV is probably 10 years old.

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Philips media player?

Rebooted the TV, tried the TV remote to see if I needed to reset from the menu.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Video Expert to know before I connect you?

The DVD player is connected to a device that stores movies called Seagate.

3/24/2018
Dan, Master Tech and Repair Facility Trainer

Welcome to the site! I'm Dan. I need to see a picture of this. Please use the "Add Files" link to send me the picture.

That's strange. Does the picture display normally if you use something other than the DVD player?

If you're seeing offers for additional services (like phone calls), rest assured those are coming from the site and not me. They're automated.

I get a full screen for the tv, just not the movies

What type of cable is in between the DVD player and TV? Is it HDMI?

stevenl1469
Phone call session started